market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Holes in Beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Holes in Beans
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 07:34:12 -0400

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:38:26 -0700 (MST), you wrote:

>BTW -- our new Farmers' Market is starting this Saturday. Most likely
>it'll only be me and one other person, but it's a start. We've gotten
>good local press coverage, but the response in terms of vendors has been
>nearly zero. The theory is that people are in a "wait and see" mode
>before they take the plunge. I'm taking pictures and will post them for
>y'all to see.

It's kind of late in the season. My guess would be that
vendors are probably thinking 'It's not worth bothering with
this year, but I'll investigate it next year.' So maybe
you'll do much better next year.

Good luck!

Pat
--
Coming soon: www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful