market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Drip-tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bill Bradshaw <billbradshaw AT direcway.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Drip-tape
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:54:04 -0500

Dear List,
We’re looking for the right drip system for our new, one-acre vegetable farm, which we just moved to three weeks ago. I’ve lurked for months on this [fantastic] list and read all the relevant posts, but after reading the companies’ literature -- Berry Hill, Irrigation-Mart, and Robert Marvel -- I can’t decide between T-tape, Queen Gil, and the new entry, Toro’s Aquatraxx, which Berry Hill is touting.  Bill and Jan

Bill & Jan, we use drip on about 15 acres. I also would recommend Irrigation -Mart  good people and very knowledgeable. I don't think there is a choice between aquatrax and T-tape. We have used both with success. Queen Gill I have never used. So do not have an opinion.
Rodents will be a problem with any tape. If you are wanting to reuse your tape go for the heaver tape 10- 15 mil. We use 8 mil. but do not reuse it. As Willie has said keep plenty of repair supplies on hand.
Irrigation - Mart will help you design your system.  From manual to automatic, they will need to know water source, gallons per. min.,how long the rows are, what the slope is, how far the field is from the water source. TexasBill