market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Drip-tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Alan Whitaker" <awhitaker AT greenlynk.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Drip-tape
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 08:52:58 -0500

I'm in south-central AL.  I use Queen-gil and like the ease of use.  But, AL field rats are a pain.  I have reasoned that they are after easy water and are chewing thru the tape for that.  This year, I set out water dishes for them at the end of my beds.  It worked until it got dry in late spring and I forgot about them.  Then I had holes chewed in a couple of runs.  I'm going to put out bait stations and water for the little devils this fall.  I'm setting out another 100 or so tomato plants in a couple of weeks plus traditional winter crops.  I would recommend the heaviest I could afford.  I believe I'm using a 6 or 8 mil. Queen-gil.  Good luck!