market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Drip-tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Drip-tape
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 07:24:29 -0500

> aware of any specific advantages or disadvantages of any of these tapes?
> And does
> the thickness really matter? Will a west-central Alabama rodent tire of

Here, rodents will chew through any thickness. It is insects that the
15mil is more resistant to. I'm not sure what insects. Wireworms? I
just know little pin holes are more of a problem on light weight
material. This is on buried lines, maybe 2"-6". If you're not
organic, I recommend a healthy dose of soil insecticide at drip line
laying time. Stock a supply of repair couplings.

I don't think there is any great difference between the different
brands. I do recommend Irrigation Mart.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Good Health: the slowest way to die