market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sorghum-sudan grass as cover crop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sorghum-sudan grass as cover crop
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:31:05 -0400

Sudangrass is a summer covercrop, its seeded after harvesting early crops or
used on land set aside during the current year for soil building. I seeded
mine about a month ago and its 3 feet tall today. I get my seed in 50 pound
bags from my local dealer but the company growing it is Production Plus in
Plainview Tx.
Winter grains like rye wheat oats and barley simple won't grow in the
summertime...Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.