market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Japanese Beetles and Edemame

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Japanese Beetles and Edemame
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:26:12 -0400

Back in the 70's we were trying a new method of natural pest control at
the time against potato beetles, but Im sure it will work with jap
beetles. As theory go's in every population of similar insects as with
humans there are immune carriers of otherwise fatal diseases. You need a
lot of beetles to make this work which apparently you have. Grind up the
beetles in a blender, mix the mess with water, let it sit a day then
filter out a sprayable solution. The hope is that in the mess will be
released a fatal toxin from any carriers that will infect the others.
Its a homemade biological pesticide....Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.