market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] price barriers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] price barriers
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:41:19 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/04 12:11:32 PM Central Daylight Time, nan3russ AT juno.com writes:

I bought over the year and priced them at $2.50. NO one said a
word and gladly paid. That is $10 a quart and I didn't even feel guilty
.  Must be a psychological thing.

We have had some of the same experiences in the past, for example selling radishes for .50 wasn't working so we went .75 or 3 for $2.00, they all sold off the table.  Our markets seem to have a trend of being a little slower this year, with less people going through, however we seem to be up on sales for the year so far.  How are your markets fairing so far this year, better or down some?

Phil