market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fly Control in Fruit Trees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fly Control in Fruit Trees
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 14:06:48 -0500

Are you talking about true fruit flies like the Med. fly and Q fly, or are
you talking about the tiny flies called fungal gnats? If it's true fruit
flies, chickens will help. They hunt for the maggots. This web site talks
about control methods.

http://www.greenharvest.com.au/pestcontrol/fruit_fly.htm.

Here's another one with organic methods.

http://www.nor.com.au/community/organic/library/pestmgmt/orgcontl.htm

(West Texas) Mark