market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Rabbits

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Rabbits
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 14:30:38 -0400

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 13:11:52 -0400, you wrote:

>I use row cover to keep wascally wabbits out of the lettuce beds - 9
>guage wire hoops secured to each other with waxed string for
>stability......remay fabric.
>Good luck - they and the beautiful deer are our pains here, too!

So far, the deer have stayed out of our back yard and our
garden (so far as I know). I don't know quite why, because
they could easily jump the 4' fence. The only explanation I
can think of is that the whole area just smells like our
dogs (to the deer). I hope it lasts.

I live in dread of woodchucks: though so far, so good. We
see one all the time in the neighbors' yard, but again, it
hasn't seemed to enter our yard or garden.

Pat