market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] germinating lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <wiediger AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] germinating lettuce
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 21:38:45 -0500

Marie,
Once it gets warm - like over 80 - we seed the flats (already moist media), put the flats into a plastic bag, and refrigerate for about 24-48 hours - no more.  Then take out, put on the bench, and they're up almost immediately.  We do this for our lettice transplants from about now through early September.

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com