market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] germinating lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] germinating lettuce
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 07:01:54 -0500

Marie - I germinate lettuce from now through the summer in the basement
where I germinated flats all winter. It stays cool enough down there for
good germination temps and I still have the lights up for them. Once they
are up and going I put them outside in a protected area in part shade.
Obviously both the greenhouse and hoophouses are way too hot by now for any
of the early crop germination. I'll germ broccoli, etc. the same way in
July.

Joan

P.s. Glad you had a good market yesterday