market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The Use of Chemical Fertilizers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The Use of Chemical Fertilizers
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 01:36:30 -0600

Pat, you asked if there are sellers of worm castings online. There's plenty
on my page at http://herbfarmer.net/compost.htm#Vermiculture . I'm getting
bags of straight castings from our greenhouse supply and adding it into their
commercial coir-based Metromix for general purpose seedling and potting mix.
The resulting mix needs no added fertilizer of any kind, is pH balanced, full
of trace minerals and organic compounds, slow release, and full of the little
microscopic critters that make plant symbiosis. I'm also growing worms now
for the castings to build my own soil.

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com