market-farming - [Market-farming] Any Info Would Be Useful

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT freestateproject.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Any Info Would Be Useful
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 17:45:17 -0500 (CDT)

being in a southern state where veggies can be grown year round, I'm
interested in getting as much info as I can on what I'd call "Turning
Annuals Into Perrenials". I'm not so much interested in IF it can be done
(obviously 12-month growing is possible with the right equipment), but
rather the nature of the plants themselves. For example, will tomatyo
plants go dormant for certain parts of thge year and then start to fruit
again just like any other fruiting bush? This goes for all so-called
annuals that we usually consider to only live for a few months. Another
example: can melon plants live for years and years, or do they die after
they set fuit?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers,

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce