market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Any Info Would Be Useful

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Chuck" <Mongotrout AT mchsi.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Any Info Would Be Useful
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 20:03:53 -0500

I used to live in AZ (Phoenix area for 46 years). I over-wintered a few
tomatoes every year. I cut them back hard after they were done fruiting,
and covered them up with sheets in the event of a rare frost (average 2-3
nights a year in Phoenix). They usually would do well for up to three
years. I had pepper plants that lasted for many years, and grew very tall
if I didn't prune them back. They continued to fruit well even after the
major haircuts... Also ornamental peppers that I trimmed as a hedge for
over ten years, and they were still there and doing well when I left 1.5
years ago. Don't know about melons....

Chuck Evans