market-farming - [Market-farming] Native fruits and nuts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "RLP2000" <rlp2000 AT swbell.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Native fruits and nuts
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 10:20:55 -0500

Our family recently purchased 80 acres in Navarro county (1 hr south of
Dallas, TX) and we are about to try our hand at organic farming.

We have discovered that the property is covered with native fruits and nuts
such as grapes, plums, dewberries, mulberries, pecans and black walnuts.

We were wondering if there are any markets for selling the fruits for
winemaking, jellies, etc.. Based on the number of vines and trees that are
budding with the fruit pods, it seems that we are going to have a WHOLE LOT
of fruit.

Any feedback, comments or ideas on what we might do would be greatly
appreciated.

Robert Phipps
Arbor Vitae Ara
rlp2000 AT swbell.net