market-farming - [Market-farming] transplanting broccoli

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: bob111higgins AT comcast.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] transplanting broccoli
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 01:26:16 +0000

Hi All:

Beginner's question:

I've started tomatoes and peppers and lettuce seedlings, melons etc before
but this is the first year I've started broccoli seedlings.

How long do broccoli seedlings usually take before they can be transplanted?
The only mention I found online was @ 5 weeks, but that was an offhand
mention, not in a transplant table or anything. What's your experience? I
would be putting them out in row tunnels if necessary.

Thanks.

Bob Higgins
Red Brick Farm
Hopewell, NJ