market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Was:Organic Flowers now Comfrey

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: OakCamp2 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Was:Organic Flowers now Comfrey
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 00:41:09 EDT

Doh!
You are so right, Allen!  What was I thinking- getting my tap- rooted -hard -to -get -rid- of plants mixed up!  Sorry!  And you are right about consumption- regular consumption of comfrey can lead to veno-occlusive disease of the liver. It is extremely rare and medicinally comfrey has been used internally for over a thousand years- so don't discount it as a valuable herb to have in your garden.  Root prices go about $6 to $12/lb, depending on the quality.