market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 15, Issue 12

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HoeManGray AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 15, Issue 12
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 00:48:09 EDT

Organic Cut Flowers -
Interesting conversation...just yesterday a friend gave me a copy of her Coop
America Newswletter - "Real Money" where the headline is "Say It With Organic
Flowers." It discusses worker, grower, florist, and consumer hazards due to
South American growing practices and the use of chemicals banned in the US.
The link is www.realmoney.org. As a small cutflower grower, I too want to be
a good steward of my land and not add more and more chemicals to the soil or
handle them. My diversity of insects, wasps, birds and frogs has increased
tremendously and my "bad bugs" are hardly noticeable.

Wendy Gray - Cutflowers For You
Oregon

  • [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 15, Issue 12, HoeManGray, 04/12/2004