market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fw: New Tractor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Eastex Farms <eastexfarms AT direcway.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fw: New Tractor
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:04:58 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Willie McKemie" <mf AT austinfarm.org>
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 8:38 PM

> Does yours not leak at all? That is, will it stay up overnight?

It stays up all night after I rebuilt the cylinder.

> Our nearest IH dealer is about 50 miles. I've been intending to order
> a manual from Bates.

I have never ordered from Bates our dealer is 35 mi. away.

> You have a nested pair of springs for each sweep? Mine didn't look
> like they would stay in the ground for heavy soil; the springs didn't
> seem stiff enough to put enough force on the sweeps.

The sweeps spring loaded is to kick up if you hit a rock (large) or a root.
The sweeps will kick up out of the ground. The pressure that is on the
sweeps (down) comes from the lift arm springs. When the sweeps are lowered
all the way down.

> I've not adapted well to the hydraulic controls, they seem backward to
> me.

They are a little ackward but you can get used to them. When I am plowing I
can just reach over and hit it quick up or down the lift cylinder is very
fast. Bill