market-farming - [Market-farming] Farmer's Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 16:09:18 -0700 (PDT)

>>> I'm also a little concerned that if a Market does actually start up,
it'll
> turn into more of a flea market (or even worse, something that resembles a
> large yard sale, or worse yet, a tourist trap) than an actual farmers'
> market that makes available local veggies and maybe other goodies for
> local residents. >
>
> Our market is 25 years old this summer...we went through all these
questions over the years. Our market and most others in our area have
specific written rules that are given to return and new members. One of
our first rules states....no flea market items....no resale...all
products are to be produced by the vendor... Sora at Paradise Valley
Organics

  • [Market-farming] Farmer's Market, sora, 04/09/2004