market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Recommendations on DR Field and Brush Mower

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Recommendations on DR Field and Brush Mower
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:54:55 -0500

Hey Lisa,

I woke up this morning dreaming/thinking about bush hogs & DR trimmers.
geez, can't even get away from farming in my dreams.

I have a tractor & a bush hog, yet wish like the devil I had a DR trimmer.
There are places where I can't get my tractor into that I'm sure a DR
trimmer would fit. There are times when I'd love to be able to just go and
bush hog but can't because I'm machine wrestling--either setting up the bush
hog or fiddling with the tractor to get it to start (which is a rarity, but
still when it happens it throws my plans for the day into a cocked hat). DR
trimmers don't require $800 tires. DR trimmers, if they threaten to roll
over, don't take you with them. But instead of using machinery to do the
job, how 'bout some type of livestock that'll pay you back instead of
sitting 90% of the time?? Goats are wonderful on hillsides and there's an
increasing market for goat meat with the many ethnic groups spreading into
rural areas. Just a thought...

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC