market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] RE: Too steep to graze

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] RE: Too steep to graze
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:28:56 -0500

My land is table top flat. I learned the value of flatland when a friend
wanted
to sell me his dairy in PA. The hillsides were so steep that he rolled down
and
destroyed two tractors while cutting hay. Hay machinery would follow at a 45
degree angle to the tractor while working across hillsides and he had lost
more
than a few cows over the years from accidents when they "fell off" the
pasture.
When you get to the point that cows fall off the pasture its time to look into
reforestation and transferring land to a conservancy group...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.