market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Indoor Germination Tables

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Indoor Germination Tables
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:34:27 -0500

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:49:05 EST, you wrote:

>I looked into having metal trays custom -made, but the price was very
>prohibitive. Anyone know of a plastic tray or company that might make one,
>which we
>could use to cover the whole table and water from the bottom? Anyone have
>any
>other ideas to create a system in which we could water from the bottom, so
>we
>are not always watering our basement floor as well?

I buy plastic flats - the usual 22" x 11" flat size -
*without* drainage holes. I get them at Agway - farm and
feed supply store - $0.99 each.

They would work, but you'd need to put water in each one
separately.

Mellingers carries them online, and probably a lot of other
firms do also.

http://www.mellingers.com

'Permanest' plant trays are no doubt better, but very
expensive. You might want to Google for them, though. A
lot of the seed suppliers sell them.

Pat