market-farming - [Market-farming] Prairie Grass

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Chris O'Byrne" <cobyrne AT myclearwave.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Prairie Grass
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:22:15 -0600

Does anyone out there have experience with using native prairie grass for grazing? In my neck of the prairie, we have a lot of the tallgrass species, primarily big bluestem and switch grass. I have helped restore a plot of land in a local county park to native tallgrass prairie and would like to do the same with my own land. But planting good grass for grazing is my priority.

Any opinions or advice is welcome.

Chris

--
Prairie Song Eco-Farm