market-farming - [Market-farming] incubator for seed germination?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] incubator for seed germination?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:54:20 -0600

Regards to the list:

Allison & Paul Weidiger inspired me at the St. Joseph conference!

As a result, I have a GQF incubator that I want to use for germinating
tomato seeds. At its lowest temperature setting, the thermometer reads
90F. My target temperature is 85F. Right now, I am experimenting with
how far open to leave the door to attain my target.

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to put a different thermostat
or whatever on this so I don't have to leave the door ajar? I don't
know how to reach the manufacturer for advice.

Do y'all think this will work or am I barking up the wrong machine for
seed starting?

Marie in Missouri