market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Commercial Kitchen

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Commercial Kitchen
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 06:41:09 -0500

In Ohio we have "Cottage industry" laws that say as long as you are under a certain size you do not need to have licensed facilities. The vast majority of folks selling at farmer's markets fall into the cottage industry sector in my state. If you live in Ohio and fall under these rules you do not have to build a certifiable kitchen facility in order to sell most cooked items (of course anything with egg in it goes under hccp rules).

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste