market-farming - [Market-farming] chipper/shredders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <wiediger AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] chipper/shredders
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:57:56 -0600

I agree with Willie.  I own a tractor powered 3-pt hitch chipper/shredder.  It is suppose to be able to handle up to 4" limbs.  1-1/2 to 2" is more realistic.  Does a great job regrinding commercial chips.  But who has time to do that?!  In my opinion, they aren't worth the investment nor time to use.  But if you do decide to buy one, make sure you purchase a good pair of ear protectors and safety glasses.

On another note, I'm glad that the Dixie Chicks spoke up.  To me, that is what America is all about.  The liberty to express one's opinion, no matter what.

Paul

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com