market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: market vehicle

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Janet Bachmann <janetb AT ncat.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: market vehicle
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:25:27 -0500

I bought a Ford E-150 last year, too! Love it! Mine is a genuine cargo van, previously owned by Farmer Brother's Coffee. It has the wire wall, too, with shelfs. The rest of the body is empty. I bought a rubber mat for the floor. The van is 1995, but was only about $5,000. And I only drive it to market and back, about 16 miles round trip. . . Beats a pickup!

Leigh Hauter wrote:

I use an Ford E-150 We bought it new last year, a stripped down model for something like 14 thousand. (we negotiated with all the local dealers on the internet, a good way to go for the buyer). What it has to recommend it is it holds more than a f-150 pick up, the air conditioner keeps the veggies cool and, of course, the price was right. I would be sure to get a van with the wire wall behind the driver so when you hit the brakes the vegetables don't come up and squish you.