market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: market vehicle

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: market vehicle
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:28:06 -0400

We bought a white 1995 Dodge 2500 Cargo Van last August when our Nissan truck was on it last legs (it has been put out to pasture and now is our motorized wheel barrow). We love our van. It holds at least twice as much as the truck (which had a rack on it to increase payload) and the goods are inside so do not get dirty/wet/fall off on the ride to market. AND we were able to put our farm name on the van, something that could not be done on the truck (more rust than metal on it).

I dunno if it is the perfect produce ride but it is a lot better than an open pick-up of any size

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste