market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: market vehicle

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mary Whitney" <mary AT whitneysorchard.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: market vehicle
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:53:14 -0700

we use a Dodge 15 passenger van. Front bench in holds tubs, icechest for
eggs, register, tarp on the floor etc.. We added a 7 c/f freezer this year
to take rabbit meat to the market in which cut into a lot of our space. We
will be using our small utility trailer (chev luv pickup bed now utility
trailer) for most of the rest of the year now that we are into our apple
season. This trailer works well in that it pulls great (extra long tongue on
it) and is light enough to move around when it's empty. The Dodge loaded
with trailer gets about 12-14 mpg depending on headwind to market (150 miles
from home)

Like that idea of 23-24mpg though!

Mary

--