market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: eggs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Nicole <nbrown AT bbtel.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: eggs
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:44:54 -0400

I read Chicken Tractor (by Andy Lee). It looks good on paper, but the realities of weather and etc. make it impractical. Andy Lee has apparently come up with a much better system called Day Ranging, where the chickens free-range or are pastured during the day, and naturally go back to roost in their coop at night. There should be plenty of info on the net about day ranging, and apparently Mr. Lee is active in discussions about it, though I don't know if it's on message boards or email lists (or both).

Nicole in KY
who doesn't have chickens because of the neighbor's dog... sigh...