market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 7, Issue 36

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 7, Issue 36
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:12:06 -0700 (PDT)

> I didn't have enough Araucana eggs to make up complete dozens, so I put
> one
> in each carton of regular eggs. My customers loved 'em and the extra
> touch
> ensured no one quibbled over my price, the highest at market.

Same here...my folks have araucana and Rhode Island Reds and have won at
the local fair for years. They are ungraded and mixed colors and so big
it's tough to close the boxes. I buy them in bulk for $1.25 per doz, and
sell at market for $1.95. The local health food store sells for $2.25 and
they're smaller and not as nice. I could probably sell for $2.50 but
everyone seems so poor these days it breaks my heart to raise any
prices....