market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: eggs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: bockpa AT plesh.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: eggs
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:15:20 -0400

Paul chickens like to roost at night, the higher up the better, they feel
safer high up. When you clip wings they have a hard time getting down from
the roost often damaging a leg and usually they get a swollen foot pad, this
takes 6 months to heal, and a hard landing means more blood spot eggs, give
your birds all the wing God gave them.
You said you wanted 50 hens, they should produce about 40 eggs a day. In NJ
its very hard to get more than a dollar a dozen, which is why I got out of
the chicken business ...Bob.