market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The Insurance Scam

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: LEMON306 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The Insurance Scam
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:08:20 EDT

Liz wrote--Health insurance isn't a right.

True. Neither is medicare. But there are things we as a society chose as important to us. These are the things our tax money should pay for. And one of these I believe is affordable health care for all Americans. It's a matter of priorities and I think our representatives have dropped the ball. In fact they are in a different ball park! If you look at their retirement system vs what is available to most it should make you see red. I know, because I am a retired federal employee(of course when you turn 65 you  are forced into medicare). But I have parents, siblings, and friends who struggle with costs of illnesses.I have the same federal health plan as our wonderful representatives. If this plan can be made available to federal workers/politicians, it can be made available to all at an affordable price. The bloodsuckers are just in bed with drug companies etc.