market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Insurance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jim & Mary Conner <jmconner AT pwrtc.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Insurance
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:15:37 -0500

Hi All,

I can't imagine not having medical coverage. Since Jim and I have been married, we have had to have surgery for his colitis, the birth of our babies and one was early and a number of other medical expenses. It seems like we always have medical bills throughout the year and most years we meet our out of pocket deductible. Heck, this year we meet it in March when our oldest went in to get his tonsils out. If we didn't have insurance it would have cost us 8,000 and that is just for a few hours of surgery! I agree that the US needs to do something, because it just seems to be getting worse but I'm not sure universal coverage like other countries is exactly what we need. Medicine is the other spot that can get you too. It just seems anymore that we are all a nation of insurance poor people, wether it be car, house, health or life. Some could probably be done without, but most are needed or demanded by states (such as car insurance to get car plates/licenses).
Mary C
indiana

  • [Market-farming] Re: Insurance, Jim & Mary Conner, 08/22/2003