market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The Insurance Scam

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The Insurance Scam
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:47:51 -0500

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 03:19:11PM -0700, sora AT coldreams.com wrote:
> Ah the old insurance thing...train folk to believe they will lose
> everything they have if they don't pay $300-800 per month for insurance
> that doesn't even cover their medical needs. It all makes me nuts!

A voice of reason! I'm not sure about the numbers on health insurance,
but on property insurance the insurance companies pay out in claims
about 1/2 of what they take in in premiums. You are likely to get back
about $.50 for every dollar you pay in. It is a mechanism for honest
people to subsidize arsonists and personal injury scammers. Don't get
me started on the Texas motorist insurance laws!

--
Willie, ashamed that dixie chicks are from Austin
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html