market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pole bean supports

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joel Bush <jbush4 AT ipa.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pole bean supports
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:57:54 -0500

Kevin,

I use a system that works great. I prepare a seed bed about 3 feet wide and set T posts about every 10 feet down the middle. I then set 2"x4" wire ( I use the 5' fencing even though they grow over the top)  against the posts and use aluminum electric fence wires to tie the fence to the posts. I plant both sides. This way, I get 100' of row for every running 50'. The beans love it and distribute themselves nicely.

At the end of the season, I just strip the vines for the compost pile and pull the fencing and posts. Next year I have everything ready to set up in a new location.

At 04:23 AM 8/22/03 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm soliciting new ideas for ways to efficiently grow
>my pole beans.

Joel H. Bush, Division Chair
Information Technology
Rich Mountain Community College