market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] insurance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] insurance
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:38:59 -0400

It seems my husband and I are rare birds not only do both of us farm full time but we do not carry health insurance nor see any need for it. it is a huge expense based on the possibility that one day you may get a catastrophic illness. But if you get that illness chances are the insurance won't cover all of it so you still are stuck with huge out of pocket expenses.

In the past we have bartered for surgeries. More and more doctors are open to alternatives to insurance for payment. Some are refusing to take insurance, even.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste