market-farming - [Market-farming] Yellow/Orange Tomatoes ripening better this year?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Yellow/Orange Tomatoes ripening better this year?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 07:50:01 -0400

Hi, Folks!

Was grousing with my Seed Saver Exchange colleague about the tomatoes we had to grow this year when, at least here in Southeastern PA, we've been getting daily rain, clouds and not a lot of sun so tomatoes are not ripening.

He noticed that his yellow (I will NOT call them white as they never are!) and orange tomatoes were closer to being on schedule than anything else. I also noticed that WHITE STARs (rare French heirloom, nice light yellow color) were also starting to come in fairly well whereas the beefsteaks I'm supposed to be growing out are large green globes on that refuse to turn color in spite of being on beautifully healthy plants. :-P

Anyone else have comments on their tomatoes?

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of