market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pam for corn earworms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pam for corn earworms
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:58:44 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/2003 8:30:08 AM Central Daylight Time, wshoemak AT inil.com writes:
It's important to understand that when corn start's to silk, it is
immediately susceptible to corn earworm egg-laying.

Thank you, Bill.  We are starting to see some earworms at this point along with some ears only half developed.  Lots of rain in the past 2 weeks.  Can you advise for next year?  Staying orgainic, what should we be using and when?  This Sweet Riser corn from Harris, BTW, is really good.  Thanks for helping.
Wendy Akin
Akin Farm
east of Dallas, TX