market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pam for corn earworms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Art Petrzelka <art AT complum.com>
  • To: "Bill Shoemaker" <wshoemak AT inil.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pam for corn earworms
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 08:46:00 -0500

On Monday 16 June 2003 08:29, Bill Shoemaker wrote:
> It's important to understand that when corn start's to silk, it is
> immediately susceptible to corn earworm egg-laying. The female moth looks

Tell me more. I was going to put the time and money into spraying sweet corn.
But this sounds like the window is minutes not days. If the end of the silk
gets oil on it, then pollination will not occur, if I understand it right.

Too bad the sweet corn doesn't resist earworm as well as the field corn does.
Or would I get the same results in a field of 40 acres of sweet corn as I do
of field corn?
--
Art Petrzelka
Amana, Iowa