market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] weeds from mushroom compost

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Richard D. Salmons" <salinevalley AT direcway.com>
  • To: bockpa AT plesh.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] weeds from mushroom compost
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:11:21 -0500

We actually grow oyster mushrooms in a substrate of straw and used the
discarded materials for mulch around our grapes in the vineyard. No
problems and we also get a few extra mushrooms.

We have been selling this at our farmers markets in 11 pound bags and the
people are buying all that we have availbel each week.

Richard
Saline Valley Enterprises