market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: PECTIN

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Art Petrzelka <art AT complum.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: PECTIN
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 06:40:35 -0500

On Thursday 12 June 2003 07:17, Lucy Goodman wrote:
> Anyone here using natural pectins? I have used green apples in

We will be doing this for the first time this year. We are going to use green
apples to make pectin by using the jelly process (no sugar) as is, using the
alcohol test to check pectin content if necessary. It can be canned for later
use. The ratios should be 1 to 1.25 pectin to 1 fruit.

http://www.wildflowers-and-weeds.com/The_Forager/pectin.htm
http://www.christianhomekeeper.com/pectin.html
http://www.cpkelco.com/pectin/index.html

--