market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] SURE JELL PECTIN

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] SURE JELL PECTIN
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:37:29 -0400

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:14:34 EDT, you wrote:

>A friend complained today about the price of pectin and, having shared with
>her, I realized that I should pass this along: I buy pectin, exactly like
>Sure
>jell, in bulk. I've been buying this for about 10 years now, it keeps at
>least two years. I keep it in a large tightly closed canister. Five
>tablespoons
>equals one packet of S-J. Go to:
>http://www.pacificpectin.com. The savings are tremendous, do the math.
>even
>if i throw out half, i have saved.

Barry Farm also carries it:

http://www.barryfarm.com/thickeners.htm

They have smaller quantities than Pacific Pectin, this may
be more practical for some folks.

I've bought quite a bit from Barry Farm, their products are
excellent. Plus they have wonderful delicious pie fillings
- with all the good fruit flavor, not just sugary-sweetness.

They're farmers too, and it's family-owned.

I have no connection with them, I don't know them, I'm just
a happy customer of theirs.

Pat