market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fish

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Merle Herrmann" <JAN1MERLE2 AT peoplepc.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fish
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:05:53 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Courtney McLeod" <cmcleod AT imscompany.com>
To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 7:32 AM

> I have read where a nursery had Tilapia (fish) in tanks, then they
> hooked their irrigations system up to the fish tank. Then that water is
> what is used to water and feed the plants. Since fish, shellfish is
> such a great fertilizer!! Granted, this place was hydroponics, but I
> don't see why it can't be done any other way! I would love to try it!

Courtney: If you would like to get more information on aquaponics, I would
suggest that you go to http://www.townsqr.com/snsaqua/ when you get to this
page, click on the "more info" tab at the bottom of the page, after seeing
that, click on the "package info" tab at the bottom of that page, then after
digesting that, click on the "related links" tab and if you check out the
"Growing Edge" article from 1998, there are great photos of a working
system. This is the home page of S&S Aqua Farm, Tom and Paula Speraneo,
these are the folks who designed, built and operate what is known as the
"S&S System. If you want even more info, you can subscribe to
aquaponics AT townsqr.com or just lurk and listen, not quite as much mail as
this group, but extremely informative on this subject. Hope this helps
some,My Best, Merle