market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Raised Beds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jasperm1 <jasperm AT iquest.net>
  • To: "Market gargen list" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Raised Beds
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:24:01 -0500

I have a client who imports and throws out the wooden crates that things
come in at the expense of dumpster fulls to him. I have grabbed several
of these and then filled them with the compost that gets created from a
nearly completely mulched back yard (4 dogs, complete shade). Because
they are 2-3 feet tall I have put pea gravel in as the paths because they
are shaded out. I have veary narrow "rows" of the crates and have tacked
some old fencing across many to keep birds and squirrel out and have
wider "aisles" to move wheelbarrow etc through. Works for me and just
the right height for my 2 1/2 year old to "help", but be careful. There
was a point there where some sort of beetle was coming into the country
from China on packing crates. I leave the crates at the clients for
about a month before I loaded them up. Hopefully now free loaders.

Mike Jasper
Craftmaster Enterprises, Inc.
Admin. & Fin. Mgt. Products and Services
For the Apple Macintosh Platform
Indianapolis, IN 317-216-5966

"The British and Americans do not war with races or governments as such.
Tyranny, external, or internal is our foe"
--Winston Churchill

"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous
he will not bite you. This is the principal difference
between a dog and a man."
--Mark Twain

"Skepticism, like chastity, should not be relinquished too readily."
--George Santayana

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
--George Orwell

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
--Benjamin Franklin

  • [Market-farming] Re: Raised Beds, jasperm1, 06/09/2003