market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re:kiwi growing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <JayGee AT jghelp.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re:kiwi growing
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:41:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dorene Pasekoff wrote:

> have been so proud of them!). Anyway, this farm is selling the fruit as
> "kiwi berries." If you call them "berries," then you can get away with
> placing cut stems with kiwis attached in the clam shell (thus extending
> shelf life and making harvesting a whole lot easier). The top of the clam
> shell had a drawing of a hardy kiwi vine growing up a trellis with an
> explanation of what a hardy kiwi was, that one ate the "berries" skin and
> all and how vitamin-packed the whole thing was.

You're right Dorene, I would have been proud of them.

> (I can't believe how many folks have joined this list in the last few days!
> [!!!!!] I'm starting to think there's a future in this sustainable
> agriculture thing after all -- or maybe there are more deluded people out
> there than any of us realized! ;-D)

I'm not sure everyone is deluded, maybe just optimistic. (-'

Although, if they all learn to follow the ways of the Marketing
Force, they stand a good chance of succeeding, in spite
of additional competition.

Welcome new subscribers, one and all!

jay gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming

Free marketing aids for farmers at:
http://jghelp.com/farming