market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hand saw.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Art Petrzelka <art AT complum.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Franklin W. Davis" <Parsons2 AT attbi.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hand saw.
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 17:25:53 -0500

On Saturday 07 June 2003 16:22, Franklin W. Davis wrote:
> Hi all...I'm interested in a hand saw...one man... that I can cut down
> trees with...most of which will be under 12"...with a few over that. Any
> thoughts or brand names you can share would help. Franklin

Try www.lehmans.com
They sell a lot of old-fashioned stuff to homesteaders and Amishmen. I
searched for saw and got several good hand saws and bucksaws for tree
felling.

I'd also recommend finding someone for pointers before you tackle a tree you
can't lift. The biggest danger comes from straight above you, from limbs
dislodged by the fall, or right in front of you from the tree twisting as it
falls. I can't tell you how much adrenalin rushes through your body when a
limb comes crashing down right in front of your nose. Or on it. Lumberjack
work is dangerous.

Contact me offlist if you want stories.
--
Art Petrzelka