market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Beds for growing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Beds for growing
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:26:19 -0400

We planted clover between ours . It did take a bout a year for it to
start growing well. Pathways tend to be a bit compacted and because you
have to walk on them it takes plants longer to establish but once they
do you have all weather paths that just need to be mowed occasionally.
And mowing in general will keep your weeds short and un able to produce
seed to make more weeds.

> My husband is about to build some 4' x 8' beds for me out of landscape
> timbers for starting perennials & hostas. Can anybody give me any
> advice on how to keep the weeds down between the beds? Any other
> advice on this subject? I would appreciate any pointers before we
> start. Thanks.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste