market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] flower subscription

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] flower subscription
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:03:30 -0400

cutting marygolds,

Leigh - What varities do you recommend for 'cutting marigolds'? -Allan

Jubilee

which is fine when there isn't much else out there. The problem is the stems are barely long enough to offer as cut flowers. They sure flower prodigiously for most of the season, in fact they just started flowering here in Northern VA this week. It would be nice if some breeder worked on a longer stem. Harris seeds carries it.

Johnny's has a cutting marigold for, I believe, the first time this year. Gold Coin. We shall see how it works out.